This Saturday from 11am to 1pm, we are happy to announce the launch of The Autism & Sensory-Friendly Initiative at Navan Retail Park!
Autism is an invisible disability which affects an estimated 1 in 59 children. Autism is made up of challenges with regard to social skills, repetitive behaviours, speech, and nonverbal communication. Many autistic people also have sensory issues, and these can include aversions to certain lights or sounds.
Trips to shops can be stressful for autistic adults and children, and they can be overwhelmed by sensory experiences.
In an effort to provide a sensory-friendly shopping experience, and make visits to the Retail Park easier for autistic and other sensory affected people, all the stores will have shopping caps available on request.
These caps block out the light and also helps the staff to identify those people who may need assistance.
Working closely with stores, we will provide advice to store staff and develop inclusive activities such as “quiet shopping hours” to facilitate visits and improve the customer experience.
On the launch day, all stores will also provide quite hours from 12pm – 3pm.
Due to weather condition, the Initiative will be held indoors at Petmania. There will be face painting, balloon making, painting station and Lego station!
Let’s all “Do Well by Doing Good”!
We hope to see you on the day and help us to support your community!
We want to invite you to come along to this year Easter-Hunt, a family day where fun will be had by all! An Easter Bunny will lead the local kids on an unforgettable parade to find all the hidden eggs at the Retail Park.
As well as the Easter Bunny, children will be entertained face painters, a DJ, and many other surprises! So come along to enjoy a family fun day at Navan Retail Park.
The Easter Hunt parade will need previous online registration. To avoid disappointment, please book your spot for one of the rounds.
Click here to register and get your tickets.
UPDATE: It’s sold out! Thank you for your support this year.
– Policy –
1. This is a fun Easter Event with some common sense terms and conditions.
2. This is a free ticketed event. Please register for tickets on the Retail Parks Facebook page.
3. Please bring a copy (hard or digital) as proof of registration. An Easter surprise will be available at the end of the Hunt while stocks last. They will get one surprise per kid.
4. Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Please follow the directions of the event team.
5. Photographers and videographers will be operating at the event. Please advise one of the event team if you do not wish to be filmed.
6. The organisers reserve the right to change/cancel the event should circumstances dictate.
Date: Saturday, April 20th
Location: Navan Retail Park, Athboy Road, Moathill, Navan, Co. Meath
Time: 15:00, 15:35, 16:10, 16:40